- 1 Why is my DVD not playing on my Mac?
- 2 How do I open the DVD player on my MacBook pro?
- 3 Why won’t my MacBook Pro read DVDs?
- 4 How do I connect my DVD to my MacBook air?
- 5 How do I play a DVD on my MacBook Air 2020?
- 6 Does my Mac have a DVD player?
- 7 How do I connect an external DVD player to my MacBook Pro?
Why is my DVD not playing on my Mac?
If the optical drive refuses DVD disc or no disc found/detected, you will encounter a DVD not playing on Mac computer error. DVD not be recognized/read usually happens when you insert DVD disc improperly, have a damaged disc or DVD drive, or your DVD drive driver goes outdated.
How do I open the DVD player on my MacBook pro?
Via the Applications Folder
- Click the Applications folder icon on your Mac’s Dock.
- Scroll through the applications until you locate the DVD Player icon.
- Click the DVD Player icon to load the application.
- Click the Finder icon in the Mac dock.
- Enter “ dvd player ” into the search field.
Why won’t my MacBook Pro read DVDs?
Make sure the disc is correctly placed in the drive. See if the disc is dirty or damaged. The easiest way to do this is to try it in another computer with a compatible drive. If it’s an audio CD or a video DVD, you might also try it in a CD or DVD player.
How do I connect my DVD to my MacBook air?
The easiest option is to simply purchase an external USB DVD drive. Apple makes such a thing in the form of its $79 USB SuperDrive. Just jack it into your MacBook’s USB port and shove your discs into it as needed.
How do I play a DVD on my MacBook Air 2020?
Playing a DVD on a Mac is extremely simple. Just insert the DVD into your Super DVD drive (Super DVD drive is Apple’s optical disc reading and writing technology). The DVD player will open automatically and start playing the disc. You can open it using the Menu and click Play to run the movie.
Does my Mac have a DVD player?
Recent Macs have no physical drive for you to play CDs or DVDs. But there’s another simple solution: buy and connect an external optical drive, and play the DVD through that. If you want to stick with the official Apple kit, the company sells a USB SuperDrive for £79/$79.
How do I connect an external DVD player to my MacBook Pro?
Use an External Optical Drive Once you’ve attached your external drive to your Mac, you can use it in exactly the same way as a built-in optical drive: simply insert the DVD or CD into the SuperDrive, and the relevant media- playing app should launch automatically.