- 1 Is tenor saxophone easy to play?
- 2 What are the notes on a tenor saxophone?
- 3 How tall should you be to play tenor sax?
- 4 Can I teach myself saxophone?
- 5 Is tenor sax harder than Alto?
- 6 Can a saxophone play in any key?
- 7 What is the highest note on a tenor sax?
- 8 Can tenor sax play alto sax music?
- 9 Which saxophone is hardest to play?
- 10 Which saxophone is best for jazz?
- 11 Should I learn alto or tenor saxophone?
- 12 Is saxophone harder than guitar?
- 13 How long does it take to learn saxophone?
- 14 How hard is it to teach yourself saxophone?
Is tenor saxophone easy to play?
So, which saxophone is the easiest to play? The alto saxophone and tenor saxophone are the easiest to learn. These instruments are easier compared to the soprano and baritone saxophones because they allow for easier control of tone and intonation, requiring less expertise to make them sound good.
What are the notes on a tenor saxophone?
Tenor saxophones are tuned to B♭, and alto saxophones are tuned to E♭, but when playing the same note on a score, the fingerings are the same.
How tall should you be to play tenor sax?
If you are shorter than 5’5″, or taller than 6’3″ you should not play a saxophone at all.
Can I teach myself saxophone?
You CAN teach yourself saxophone, yes, but without some kind of help it will be difficult and time consuming. But, if you suddenly want to play your saxophone right now and learn something new, simply log in and pick a lesson! There is no right or wrong with learning how to play the saxophone.
Is tenor sax harder than Alto?
Both are equally ” hard ” to play, whereas the sheet music for Tenors are usually easier to play (especially in wind orchestras). When you are young kid the Alto is better, as it is smaller and not so heavy and you need less air to produce a tone. In the end, the sound of your saxophone relies on you.
Can a saxophone play in any key?
This is when you discover that your saxophone is in a different key. Yes an alto is in Eb and a tenor is in Bb. This is because they are what is commonly called a “transposing instrument”. This is a common feature of many, but not all, woodwind and brass instruments.
What is the highest note on a tenor sax?
Most modern tenor saxophones can reach a high F♯ (or higher using altissimo fingerings).
Can tenor sax play alto sax music?
All saxes have the same fingerings for the notes. For example a C on the alto is fingered the same as a C on the tenor.
Which saxophone is hardest to play?
The soprano is known as the hardest saxophone to play.
Which saxophone is best for jazz?
Five of the best saxophones for jazz
- Selmer TS44 Professional Tenor Saxophone Black Nickel. Reasonable pricing. Great sound and playing feel. Engraved bell.
- Yamaha Custom Alto Saxophone YAS-82Z Lacquered. Check Price.
- P. Mauriat Le Bravo Intermediate Alto Saxophone Matte Finish. No engraving. Neck: Nickel-silver Brass.
Should I learn alto or tenor saxophone?
Alto sax is a great choice when you’re starting out. It’s compact and easy to handle, so perfect for younger players. Tenor sax is bigger than alto but another really popular choice for a beginner player.
Is saxophone harder than guitar?
The saxophone is really an instrument for the solos and the melody. You just don’t have to develop any skill of playing harmony as directly on the saxophone as on a piano or guitar. So in that regard, the saxophone is slightly easier.
How long does it take to learn saxophone?
Coming up with a number of 10,000 hours seems somewhat arbitrary, but it’s probably a decent ballpark figure. The point here is that, it may be more or less, but 10,000 hours is a workable, manageable goal that you can chip away at. So if you’re looking for a precise answer for how long to learn saxophone.
How hard is it to teach yourself saxophone?
Like any instrument, it’s best to have help. However, of all wind instruments, saxophone is almost definitely the easiest to self teach. You won’t progress as fast as you will like and You’ll more than likely developed some bad habits. Some sax techniques are hard to explain in words.