What instrument is in the beginning of superstition?
The funky clavinet riff played on a Hohner Clavinet model C, the Moog synthesizer bass, and the vocals were also performed by Wonder. In addition, the song features trumpet and tenor saxophone, played respectively by Steve Madaio and Trevor Lawrence.
How does a clavinet work?
The feel of a clavinet comes from the impact of the pad striking its anvil point against the string. The end of each string farthest from the pick-ups passes through a weave of yarn. When the key is released, the yarn damps the vibration of the string.
Does Stevie Wonder play guitar?
He graduated from the Michigan State School For The Blind. He plays most of the instruments on his albums. Wonder is skilled on the keyboard, bass, drums and harmonica. He mastered all four instruments before hitting his teenage years.
What are 5 superstitions?
18 Superstitions from Around the World
- 1. “ Knocking on Wood” Indo-European, Celtic, or possibly British.
- 2. “ Throwing Salt Over Your Shoulder”
- 3. “ Walking Under a Ladder”
- 4. “ Broken Mirror”
- 5. “ Step on a Crack, Break Your Mother’s Back”
- 6. “ Lucky Pennies”
- 7. “ Lucky Horseshoe”
- 8. “ Friday the 13th”
What album is superstition on?
‘Superstition’ was released in 1972, at a time when Stevie Wonder was taking complete artistic control over his music. It was the lead single on Wonder’s 1972 album Talking Book and reached No. 1 in the USA.
What are some examples of superstitions?
Here, then, are 13 of the most common superstitions.
- Careful with that mirror.
- Bad luck comes in threes.
- A rabbit’s foot will bring you luck.
- Black cats crossing your path.
- Don’t walk under that ladder!
- Find a penny, pick it up,,,
- Beginner’s luck.